Sunday, December 17, 2017

Amazing Men's Workout For the Over 40 Group to try right Now

After many years on the couch and behind the desk, the most exercised body part is my clicker finger. If it is also your strongest body part this article is for you. With my 50th birthday just around the corner, I realized something needed to be done.
Like most baby boomers in my twenties I was very active in sports and my men's workout each week. Back then I was a regular at my home gym or fitness center. By the time I was 25 my physique looked pretty good.
Looking back now, I would have done many things differently when it came to my mens workout. Even though my workouts showed pretty good results, I would have worked smarter and not harder.
The biggest changes that I would have made would have involved longer warm-up periods, more stretching, longer rest periods between workouts, and a changed diet with the proper supplements.

Now that 25 years have passed my workouts need to be different than that of a twenty year old. The first thing anyone of 40 needs to do before starting a workout program is to get a physical exam. Have your doctor check your heart and joints so that you know the limitations of your workout.
After getting the doctors recommendations you may now plan your exercise program. You may want to start off with low impact exercises such as walking, bicycle riding or jump rope. Another important part of your pre-workout regime needs to involve a great deal of stretching.
After 3-4 weeks of low impact exercises you should be ready to start your weight training. Only work each body part 2 days a week with 48-72 hours of rest for each body part. ie:ticeps/chest/shoulders on mon & thur. and biceps/back/legs on tues & fri. Abdomen exercises can be done any day that you have time because these muscles adapt quicker with less rest between workouts.
When starting any mens workout program your body needs more nutrition than normal. You should have a diet high in proteins, carbohydrates, and good fats.
Some good proteins include non-breaded fish, chicken, and lean meats. Good carbs include fresh green vegetables, rice, and potatoes. Good fats include peanut butter, peanuts, and foods cooked in olive or sesame oil. If your trying to lose weight go easy on the carbs and heavier on the proteins.

As far as supplements I only recommend a high quality protein powder and a good multi-vitamin. If your goal is to add large muscle mass a pre and post workout drink should also be added. Your workout drink should have a ratio of 2-1, carbs to protein.
Returning to the gym when you are over 40 may be a bit daunting, but I have confidence you will do well. Try not to keep up with the younger crowd and enjoy yourself. The health benefits are worth it and I wish you luck achieving your goals with your mens workout.
John Cole has been working out for many years. After a great deal of research, as well as trial and error, he knows what works and what don't.
He set up Muscle Fitness Program to help beginners, and even people who have been working out, but that possibly have not been doing it properly. Please visit Adonis Fitness Program to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment